Dogs tend to eat everything, indiscriminately (I have one that looks like a vacuum cleaner: either I clean the house myself, or he cleans it for me). However, there are a few foods that dogs should not eat that carry the risk of getting sick or even dying .
Chocolate contains theobromine, an alkaloid that is chemically similar to caffeine. The chemically pure analog of theobromine is used medicinally as a diuretic and as a heart stimulant.
Dogs metabolize theobromine more slowly and can get sick and die from eating too much chocolate . How much is too much? It depends on the type of chocolate: melting chocolate has 10 times more theobromine than milk chocolate and thousands of times more than white chocolate. It is best to avoid consuming chocolate in general : it causes vomiting, diarrhea, hyperactivity up to cardiac arrest, heart attacks and death. It can take hours and even days for symptoms to manifest.
Although it appears that animals can digest small amounts of garlic powder, larger amounts can lead to anemia and gastrointestinal problems. In the case of garlic, the culprit is thiosulfate , which is difficult for dogs and cats to process and damages red blood cells.
The levels of thiosulfate found in onions is so high that it becomes an even more dangerous food than garlic : in small amounts it can quickly damage and kill dogs, cats and other domestic animals.
It contains a substance called Persin, which is extremely toxic to animals. It is not only the edible flesh of the avocado that is dangerous, but the entire avocado plant: the seed, rind and leaves.
Although bones always accompany dogs in cartoons, bones can wreak havoc on the animal’s digestive system . Broken teeth, injuries to the mouth, bones stuck in the stomach, serious bleeding from the rectum… the FDA offers up to 10 reasons why it is dangerous to reward our dog with a bone.
Dogs have a much smaller body and a faster metabolism than ours, so they don’t process alcohol properly. In small doses it is not lethal , but we will make the dog nervous and can attack or even hurt itself. Another thing is the yeast of beer powder: it constitutes a great contribution of vitamin B that is good for the shine of the hair, for the brain, etc.
Most dogs are lactose intolerant . If they drink milk, they will develop diarrhea. They do not have enzymes necessary to dissolve the sugar in milk causing vomiting, diarrhea and other gastrointestinal complaints. If you see that your dog likes it, give him only lactose-free milk, reduced in a lot of water.
Via | Mother mature network